Sunday 2 September 2012

Oh Brother Where Art Thou.....



   Well since there are very few people who read this blog.. but one person I know will...this is a tricky blog to write..

    I decided for myself that it was time to slim back my 1200 person friend list on a social site. .. Feeling  that cutting back on who would view my account would make me feel I could more freely share more moments of my own life.. the ones that matter.. milestones with the kids, pictures, thoughts.. with a more intimate family friend group than  the many " oh you have fcebook" adds from bar nights.  Turns out this is a much harder process than it seems.( an hour to delete 25 people , there must be a better way ) .. and of course as most social media does.. has stirred up a bad wave of WTF?    

   Amidst the Keep me on's.. the it's ok to say so longs...  I noticed a message from a family member.. to "take him off"  ... i laughed.. thought he was being a smart ass as i've come to accept over the years.. and then ... He Took Himself Off..   ok... so why should I be upset? I am the one who wants to slim my list down... but honestly.. family would be if I had one group of people I was doing this FOR was family... so I would feel safer plastering up sweet photo's of my little ones.. so they could see how we are since I really don't get to see many of them often.     ... wow  I'm livid...  every once of dislike i have ever felt towards him.. is sitting on the tip of my tongue.( err finger tips)..

  Funny..something which should be so simple... has said so much.         as simple as a click remove friend click...    

     I look into my crystal ball... and see this simple action adding yet another crack in the great wall of family...  Although I long to see my sister, and her beautiful children... as for her husband...      click remove click.

     Sorry Love..  it's not you.. it's him.

   haha much of this post was deleted... as i know i am splurting out things i should not.. but i needed to vent.. so here it is...    much venting of years of feelings....... many written than erased ...   I'm so sorry if this offends you.......but he has offended me..  and I am who I am.. like most in this family.. I will take his actions personally...   stupid I guess.. forgive forgive .. this is silly this is silly...    Ohmmmm Ohmmmm...  nope sorry still pissed.

1 comment:

  1. Vent away baby girl. He got a tongue lashing from me too. Man doesnt think how his actions can be seen as offensive. In his mind he was doing a you a favour....Making it easier to shorten the list without being worried about offending him( cuz he thinks everyone in the family only puts up with him because of me so figured he wouldn't make the cuts). As soon as he told me what he did all my damage controle lights started flashing. I'm sorry he upset you. I know I'd be livid too. But I still love you, and butthead does too.
    On a better note, I'm glad to see you writing! I watch every day for a new post.

    ReplyDelete